Sunday, June 26, 2016

Why I Am Competing at Miss World America 2016

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ!

I pray you and yours are doing well. I am doing great, to God be the glory. Exactly one week from today, I'll be all checked in for pageant week and vying for the title of Miss World America 2016 and the honor to represent the United States of America at Miss World 2016, which will be held in United States on December 20th in our nation's capital. In this post, I want to be transparent with all of you as I do with my other posts and share the reasons why I am competing. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” Esther 4:14b.

I AM COMPETING BECAUSE...
  • As a woman after God's own heart, I want to be a witness for Jesus Christ through this platform of pageantry which God has blessed me with.
  • I want to be Miss World America/Miss World, a beauty with the purpose of sharing God's love and excellence to the world.
  • As a mentor to pre-teen and teen girls, as well as mentee to wise women and men, I want to advocate on the importance of mentoring our youth.
    2016 - With some of my girls (Nudettes) in the Ladies Into Priceless Standards mentoring program
  • I want to be a positive example for girls and women in the United States and worldwide showing them that beauty comes in different packages.
  • I want brown girls to see me as a reflection of them and girls of other shades to also appreciate their beauty.
SAY CHEESE!
  • I want girls and women to know that beauty comes from within accessorized with a compassionate heart.
  • As a mining engineer, I want to encourage girls to embrace their gifts and talents that society may see as unconventional for their gender as well as pursue science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) activities/careers.
    2015 - Doing a STEM presentation to children in a Baltimore City school
    Miss World America 2016 National Finalist - Ruby B. Johnson
  • I want to give back through service to the United States, a nation that welcomed me 13 years ago from Sierra Leone and has given me many opportunities to live out my purpose.
  • I believe in the mission of Beauty with a Purpose and have the qualities to be a world ambassador for this initiative created by Mrs. Julia Morley.
  • I admire the work done by present and past Miss World America and Miss World titleholders.
  • I want to represent the United States at Miss World, showing the world that America consists of multi-skilled, smart, and talented women. 
  • I want to share joy, peace, and hope to the United States and the world!
2013 - With some kids in Freetown, Sierra Leone
Miss World America 2016 National Finalist - Ruby B. Johnson
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:23

NOTE: Please vote for me to be the 2016 Miss World America People's Choice in this link; the winner is automatically put in the Top 11 on finals night. I would be honored to get your vote. $1 = 1 vote.

God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment