Monday, June 13, 2016

Miss World America 2016 National Finalist

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ!

I pray you and yours are doing well. I have been doing awesome, to God be the glory. I wanted to share something awesome with all of you. Next month, I will be competing for the title of Miss World America and have the opportunity to represent the United States at Miss World 2016. The decision to compete in this year's edition involved prayers, fasting, and talking with my parents, church family, and family friends. This is the first time that I actually sought out God's guidance in participating in a pageant and seeking counseling from my parents and mentors. My constant prayer was: "Lord let not my will, but let your will be done. God, you put this vision of being Miss World in me years ago, so I know you will guide me in this journey." Since last August, I have considered doing other pageants and even entertained the idea of closing the chapter of competing in pageants, but the vision of Miss World remained clear in my mind. When I finally said yes and amen, I have seen how God truly has been faithful to me in this journey to the Miss World America stage and achieving the goal of becoming Miss World. God's grace and peace truly is sufficient.
#MWA2016
Miss World America 2016 National Finalist - Ruby B. Johnson
Although I will competing at Nationals next month, this is not my first attempt at getting the Miss World crown. In January 2015, I competed at Miss Maryland World; I was a top 7 semifinalist and won the High Point Talent award. This time around, I am more confident in who I am and better prepared for the job of Miss World America. I can proudly say that I will be witness for God under that crown. I am a compassionate, ambitious, and vibrant young lady who God has equipped to lead and serve. If you recall my previous posts, I usually allude to Queen Esther in the Bible as one of my inspirations as a titleholder. This is a woman of God that used her beauty and charm to make a difference for her people. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” Esther 4:14b. As Miss World America, I will do my best to share love, joy, and peace. Being that I am very passionate about the youth and serve in the youth ministry at my church, God led me to make my platform "Mentor Leadership: Importance of mentoring our youth." The Miss World Organization promotes women doing good in their community with its Beauty With A Purpose slogan, and every titleholder must champion a cause during her tenure. My BWAP project is promoting the necessity of mentoring our youth. As Miss World America, I will create partnerships with organizations that promote mentoring and connect the youth with mentors that will help them grow into women and men who reach for excellence and nothing less. #MWA2016
#MWA2016
Miss World America 2016 National Finalist - Ruby B. Johnson
Click image to enlarge
Miss World America 2016 Pageant Week is July 4-9, and the finals are on Friday, July 8. For more information, visit www.missworldamerica.com In the upcoming weeks, I'll post more about the Miss World Organization and Miss World America, as well as previous titleholders; my Beauty with a Purpose project; pageant preparation and many more. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23.

God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment