Friday, June 24, 2016

GreenWheaton 5th Anniversary Gala 2016

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ!

I pray you and yours are doing well. I am doing great, thanks be to God! Yesterday evening, I attended GreenWheaton's 5th Anniversary Gala. This is my second time attending GreenWheaton's gala; I attended their 2015 edition. I became a GreenWheaton volunteer last year and they are an organization that has been very supportive of my adventures. GreenWheaton is an independent, nonpartisan, educational organization seeking to promote collaboration between Wheaton residents, businesses and the community at large while providing environmental education and outreach for all members of the community. It is one of the four "Green" organizations in Montgomery County (Maryland); others include: Bethesda, Poolesville, and Silver Spring.
Miss World America 2016 National Finalist - Ruby B. Johnson
Through GreenWheaton, I got blessed with a mentor, who's also one of the founding members, Ed Murtagh (seen in photo below). Ed has been supportive of my many ambitions in the past year and even led me towards my prospective employment. He's one of the many people looking forward to cheering for me at Miss World America 2016 on July 8th at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center. Over the past year, it has been wonderful to get to know him and his lovely wife. Folks like Ed are the reason why I am passionate about mentoring and its impact on the youth.
The Gala celebrated GreenWheaton's successes in five years of non-profit educational work and green initiatives in the Wheaton community, and serves as a fundraiser for their continuing efforts of living and working "green" into the future. Being a foodie, I appreciated the delicious food provided by Hollywood East Cafe, Limerick Pub, Green Plate Catering and Los Chorros. There was a raffle ticket drawing at the Gala and although I didn't purchase a raffle ticket (I never win these things), I did leave with a prize of 8 yoga sessions; Ed initially won this prize but gave it to me since him and his wife don't do yoga. How kind is he? In addition to seeing Ed, it was nice seeing some familiar faces and getting to meet new people. Meeting and getting to know folks like Dorianne, seen in photo below; she's a musician and yoga instructor. How awesome that I got to make a new friend! Overall, I had a great time at the event. Congratulations to Miss Wendy (GW Director) and her entire team for another successful gala.
For all people walk each in the name of his god, But we will walk in the name of the Lord our God Forever and ever. Micah 4:5

God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment