Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Miss World Queens

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ!

I pray you and yours are doing well. I am blessed and highly favored, thanks to my Father in Heaven! As you already know from my previous posts, I will be competing next month for the title of Miss World America and the opportunity to represent the United States at Miss World 2016 (#MWA2016). In this post, I want to share some tidbits about the reigning Miss World queen as well as few past queens. The reigning Miss World 2015 is the beautiful Mireia Lalaguna from Spain.
The first American woman to win Miss World is Marjorie Wallace from Indiana in 1973. The first woman I got to know of that is a former Miss World is Aishwarya Rai Bachchan from watching lots of Bollywood movies in high school; she is Miss World 1994. She's a great actress today, who used her year of service as Miss World doing awesome charity work worldwide with Mrs. Julia Morley. I absolutely adore her, and her husband Abhishek is one of my favorite actors, especially when paired with my favorite Bollywood actress (Rani Mukherji). I thought the tribute Aish received at the 2014 Miss World pageant on her 20th anniversary was very deserving.
Miss World 1994 Aishwarya Rai from India
In recent years, the Miss World I've had the pleasure to follow her journey (via social media) is Miss World 2014 Rolene Strauss from South Africa. I started following her journey to the Miss World stage since she was a national finalist for Miss South Africa 2014 through the end of her reign as Miss World. Through social media, I saw how compassionate and smart she is, and how she truly is a beauty with a purpose. She represented her country, South Africa, so well, and shared love and hope throughout her reign worldwide. She is definitely a woman that young girls admire and would want to be, which is what the icon Miss World is. Another favorite former Miss World of mine is Agbani Darego, who was Miss World 2001. Funny story, I actually dressed up as her for Halloween 2013; making the sash out of a ribbon, wearing a similar green dress to what she won in, and wearing a plastic blue crown. Few months later, I discovered that she actually reposted that photo of me dressed as her on her Instagram account. I pray that just as how these women's dreams came true, I will be one step closer to mine next month at Miss World America 2016. In Christ name, Amen! Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!” Luke 1:45.

Miss World 2014 Rolene Strauss from South Africa
Miss World 2001 Agbani Darego from Nigeria

God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment