Wednesday, March 23, 2016

40 Day Fasting During Lent Season - COMPLETE

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ,

I pray you and yours are doing well. I am blessed, thanks be to God! So this past Sunday (March 20), I completed 40 days of fasting during this 2016 lent season. To God be the glory. So, mathematically I was supposed to complete my 40 days on March 20th; however, my church started to fast a couple weeks ago and the 21-day church-wide fast ends this Saturday March 26th. Therefore, I decided to just fast with the church till Saturday. As I have stated in the past, I was fasting and reading a 40-day devotional on the Bible App also, that has been completed. I am so proud of myself for completing my first devotional. I am so thankful to God for being my strength throughout this time of fast and being so faithful! And the peace of God,which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:7). A few weeks ago, I blogged about my experience so far about the 40-day fast when I reached the halfway mark. Read Part 1 and Part 2 here.
So you may be expecting me to now list lessons learned at the end of this dedicated time of praying and fasting, just as I did for the halfway mark right? However, I won't. It's not that I haven't learned anything or experienced the greatness of God, because I have! The reason is that since I plan to fast till Saturday, I haven't taken time to reflect on the last 20+ days of everyday fasting and praying yet. One thing I am so thankful to God about is that I journal, so I have recorded so many experiences/encounters/lessons/prayers in my life/prayer journal. To God be the glory. On the day I commenced my fast, I wrote down what I expect to get from this time of fast; these things were specific and seeking God's say and direction on so many things in my life presently and in the future. I will say boldly today that all but one of these things have been accomplished! How wonderful it is that so much can happen in 40 days when one is focused and dedicated to seeking Christ. The way I perceive situations are different, the way I approach situations are different, and I am getting to the place whereby I can discern God's voice and whatever the enemy may try to do to manipulate with my mind. Like I said, I have been seeking answers from God on specific things in my life and something I was not prepared for was that some of God's responses will not be what I wanted or expected. However I am always reminded that Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances;for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18). Therefore, I am at peace knowing that God is still in control. So these are some of my experiences so far. By God's grace, I plan to have a more detailed blog post next week on my fasting experience.

God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you gotten right with the Lord? Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste anymore time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment