Thursday, February 18, 2016

Why I Read The Holy Bible Everyday

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ,

I pray you and yours are doing well. I've been doing great, to God be the glory. In this post, I'll be talking about the importance of reading the Word of God, the Holy Bible. When I was in grade school and even college, I always had my Bible next to my pillow on my bed but rarely did I ever open it to read it. The frequent times I touched the Bible were taking it to Church on Sundays and when I made my bed. Yes, there is power in the presence of the Bible but it's inefficient if one does not open it and read the Word. It is like having connection to a main power source but not turning on the switch in your room; there is electricity in the house but your room is still dark because you did not flip that switch on. After I rededicated my life to God, one of my goals was to read my Bible frequently. The way I have accomplished this goal is by reading a lot of faith-based books; these books contain scriptures throughout the read as reference, therefore it gave me incentive to open the Bible to find out what the scriptures say. Now, I don't need to read a book to open my Bible but it has now become a habit to read my Bible as much as I can in a day. I enjoy reading the Bible the traditional way, reading my King James Version book, but I also love the option of having the Bible App in which I use the New International Version on my cellphone.
In Matthew 4:4, Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” We must read the Bible everyday, just as we eat food everyday for sustenance. As children of God, it's imperative that we edify ourselves by reading and meditating on the Word of God frequently. The Holy Bible is very relevant because All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work (2 Timothy 3:16-17). The Holy Bible is the guideline for a fulfilled life, and everyone must hold firm to it. As it says in Hebrews 4:12, For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. The Bible disciplines us and gives us instructions on how we can honor God in our thoughts, words, body, and deeds. By reading my Bible frequently and prayerfully understanding the scriptures, I have noticed positive changes made in me, and those close to me have said the same; it is impossible to adhere to the Word of God and remain unchanged for the better. When I have feelings that I know are not from God (anger, envy, lust, etc.), I immediately read the scriptures, as well as pray in the Spirit; this always calibrates me and puts me in a better place.
Lastly, we must take the Word as it is, it must not be misinterpreted for man's convenience; all scriptures in the old and new testaments are relevant and must be read. As it says in Revelation 22:18-19, I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.


God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.



Have you gotten right with the Lord? Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste anymore time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment