Tuesday, February 2, 2016

I Am Sorry

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ,

I hope you and yours are doing well. I'm blessed, all thanks to the Almighty. In the dictionary, the word forgive is defined as "stop feeling angry or resentful toward (someone) for an offense, flaw, or mistake." One of the things I (and possibly some of you) have struggled with is saying "I'm sorry" and asking for forgiveness. It's even more difficult when the person you are asking for forgiveness from has hurt you as well. Your flesh wants them to feel that hurt you felt. However, as I've been digging deeper into the Word, praying, and recently reading Priscilla Shirer's The Resolution for Women, I have come to realize the importance of asking for forgiveness and letting go of bitterness.
Over the past couple months, asking some folks I hurt in the past has been tough, that gruesome moment before making the call, or clicking on the send button for the text or Facebook message. I have prayed for those who hurt me, as well as those who I have hurt, that I know and not know of. My purpose of being obedient to God and asking others for forgiveness is for God's glory, not to get on the good side of others. It is to let go of bitterness, truly live out God's command of loving my neighbor, and applying the grace of edification through Christ. I encourage you to do the same. Some of these relationships may be restored after forgiveness has happened, and some may not AND that is totally fine. What matters is that you have submitted to God's command. Let go of bitterness, ask God for forgiveness, forgive others, and here's a very important one, forgive yourself!
  • Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Ephesians 4:31
  • And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins. Mark 11:25

God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you gotten right with the Lord? Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste anymore time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment