Tuesday, February 2, 2016

I Have Learned To Be Content

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ,

I hope you and yours are doing well. I am doing great, thanks be to God!

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:11-13
A few months ago, a boy in my Church's youth ministry that I have gotten to know while serving as a leader in this ministry asked me why am I so happy. He mentioned that I am always in a good mood and smiling. How do I do that? As a 14-year-old, he imagines adults to be stressed and always worrying about bills and the things life throws at us. In responding to him, I made reference to the scripture above and how it has been my motto. I told him that I have been a happy person (for the most part) throughout my life but over the past months, I have been blessed with this pure joy and learned to be genuinely content with the things and people in my life. I have done so because I have Christ Jesus in me and His love for me gives me happiness and butterflies. When I began to trust God in all things in my life and just focus on Him, life became so much more joyous and wonderful. 
My dear brothers and sisters in Christ, I don't know what you may be going through in this season of your life but you don't have to face it by yourself. Give it all to God. He can give you that happiness and contentment you are searching for in all the wrong places. Why be stressed and anxious when our awesome Father has already told you that He has amazing plans for you in Jeremiah 29:11, and that you are precious and honored in His sight and He loves you in Isaiah 43:4? Knowing all these things, I am so content that my personal prayers now mostly consist of thanking God for the things and people in my life rather than asking for stuff. Therefore, submit yourself to Him and give Him your all. Be still and know that He is God.

If there is something you will like me to pray with you on, feel free to contact me on Facebook. I love praying with and for people.

God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.



Have you gotten right with the Lord? Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste anymore time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment