Monday, February 8, 2016

My Words Matter

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ,

I hope you and yours are doing well. I have been blessed and highly favored by my Father, all glory to Him that sits on the throne. With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. James 3:9-10.
As a person that is sarcastic and blunt, my mouth has gotten me into trouble in the past. Sometimes it is not intentional, but what I end up doing is hurting someone's feelings or making them feel less than. This is something I have been working on over the past few months with the help of my Lord Jesus Christ. The scripture above is so relevant because we tend to praise the Lord with our mouth but also say ill things about folks. What I have been doing instead is praying for those that may have upset me in some way, as tough as it may be sometimes to pray for someone that has hurt you, it's necessary to do that.
Remember our Lord is rich in love and slow to anger. This is something I pray I never forget. Pray the Lord gives you the strength in trying times. God is faithful, He will do it. Therefore, I encourage you to speak positivity into the life of others. Let your words be life-giving and peaceful.
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. James 3:17.


God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.



Have you gotten right with the Lord? Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste anymore time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment