Monday, December 11, 2017

October 2017 - Life in a Suitcase

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ!

I pray you and yours are doing well. I have been happy and so thankful to God for everlasting love and unfailing kindness. The past few months have been really busy for me and I haven't been very diligent in blogging. The month of October was especially busy with traveling for me for work and was able to visit 2 states I had never been to before: Colorado and Washington. In that month, I was in 4 states during the 5 weeks of October.
Minerals Administration Training Week in Boise, Idaho
Less than a week after being in Boise, I had a busy and awesome time in Lakewood/Golden for the annual gathering of the national minerals and geology management group. It was my first time in Colorado - if layovers at Denver airport don't count. Although I didn't get much time to explore on my own time, one of my Minerals and Geology Management team members set up a field trip for us to Dinosaur Ridge.
Dinosaur Ridge is a segment of the Dakota Hogback in the Morrison Fossil Area National Natural Landmark located near the town of Morrison and just west of Denver. The Dinosaur Ridge area is one of the world's most famous dinosaur fossil localities.
In 1877, some of the best-known dinosaurs were found here, including Stegosaurus, Apatosaurus, Diplodocus, and Allosaurus. The site features the Dinosaur Ridge Exhibit Hall with displays about the dinosaurs found at the site.
Additionally, Dinosaur Ridge has interpretive signs at trail locations that explain the local geology, a volcanic ash bed, trace fossils, paleo-ecology, economic development of coal, oil and clay, and many other geologic and paleontological features.
Post-Church Photo in Seattle, Washington
Although I was in Seattle for the geology conference and missed my home church in Elko that Sunday, I was thankful that I could gather with God's beloved and worship our good, good Father a Church close to my hotel. What's super awesome is that this Church was also on a series about the 5 solas just like Living Stones - message was Sola Fide (faith alone). By being in Washington state, I officially made it all the way to the top of Pacific Northwest!
After attending Church, I went to Day 1 at the annual Geological Society of America's Meeting and Exposition. There were so many great presentations. This mining engineer went intentions to broaden her knowledge on geology, hydrogeology, soils, minerals, etc.‬ at GSA 2017, held at the Washington State Convention Center.
Day 2 at GSA2017 - I saw several current and alumni Hokies present the past couple days. On the second day I made it a priority to check out the Tech booth. As a mining engineering student, I took some classes in the geoscience department. Ph.D candidate Sebastian gave a great presentation this morning on his research "The Solubility and Structure of Amorphous Calcium Carbonate(s) (ACC): Toward an Understanding of Chemical and Structural Evolution during Mineralization.‬"

In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. 
Ephesians 3:12

God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment