Monday, August 8, 2016

For Girls and Women - When You Believe Foundation

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ!

I pray you and yours are doing well. I am doing great, thanks be to God. In my past posts, I have alluded about it but will love to talk more in this post about When You Believe Foundation, Inc., my firstborn project! In November 2010, I started this organization because I have always been passionate girls and women and wanted to do more in communities. To fulfill some of my curriculum requirements as an engineering major, I took a women's studies class and upon taking that class and went on to get a minor in women's studies leadership. In these past years, we have created workshops, campaigns, and opportunities for mentoring between established women and young girls.
Celebrating 5 Years!
The mission of When You Believe Foundation, Inc. is to do outreach, raise awareness, provide assistance, enhance the lifestyle, promote self-sufficiency, and empower girls and women in our communities. Past events for When You Believe Foundation have included: health workshops, education workshop, children's Christmas event, canned food drives, etc. This organization was a vision I received from God almost 6 years ago and I thank God that He blessed me with friends and folks that have helped me in events serving as volunteers and participating in our various campaigns.
One of the When You Believe Foundation campaigns I am so passionate about is the Body Confident, Beautiful Me: A Love Your Body Campaign. To continue the "Love Your Body" Campaign that was initiated by National Organization for Women, When You Believe Foundation launched a platform with the similar mission called "Body Confident, Beautiful Me: A Love Your Body Campaign." The mission of this Campaign/Blog (www.bodyconfidentbeautifulme.blogspot.com) is for girls and women to always acknowledge their beauty and tell someone she’s beautiful. The goal is for them to know that diversity in their bodies is what makes them beautiful girls and women!
Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel— rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. 1 Peter 3:3-4.
Please follow When You Believe Foundation, Inc. on Facebook, Twitter (@WYBFoundation), and Instagram (@WhenYouBelieveFoundation) and check out the official website at www.WhenYouBelieveFoundation.org

God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment