Friday, August 5, 2016

2016 Rio Olympics - Team Sierra Leone

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ!

I pray you and yours are doing well. I am doing awesome, thanks to my awesome Father in Heaven. I just finished watching the Opening Ceremony for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. When it comes to sports, my favorite sports events include the Superbowl, World Cup (women's and men's), and of course the Olympics. I have very little understanding of football, but I enjoy watching and eating with friends and family on Superbowl night. Soccer being my favorite sport to watch and my extensive knowledge of this sport, I am the most active watching the games during World Cup season. With respect to Olympics, I see it as the biggest unifier of nations around the world. Although I'm a pageant veteran, I have come to accept that the Olympics is the largest gathering of the world in one location and great opportunity to be national ambassadors. I love watching several Olympic games, and I love that there's such a variety of events to watch at any time of the day; gymnastics, soccer, wrestling, track and field, and swimming are few of my favorites to watch. Watching the Opening Ceremony last night was such a joy, and I was elated to cheer my countries - Sierra Leone and United States! Photos below from the ceremony were taken by me at the convenience of being in my living room. Brazil did a great job showcasing its history, culture, as well as ecological concerns. In this post, I'll be highlighting the athletes representing my nation of birth, SIERRA LEONE.
click photo to enlarge
The athletes representing the Republic of Sierra Leone in this year's Olympics are Hafsatu Kamara, Bunturabie Jalloh, Ishmail Kamara, and Osman Kamara. Sierra Leone has been sending athletes from the debut in 1968 Olympic games regularly except in 1972 and 1976. Sierra Leone has yet to win an Olympic medal. Sierra Leone's IOC code is SLE.
Bunturabie Jalloh - Olympics 2016 Sierra Leone Flag Bearer and Swimmer
click photo to enlarge
This year's flag bearer for Sierra Leone is Bunturabie Effuah Rashida Jalloh. She will be competing in the swimming event for women's 50 meters freestyle. Her first event is scheduled for August 12 at 12:02 PM. EST.
Sierra Leone Swimmer - Osman Kamara
Sierra Leone's Osman Kamara will be swimming in the men's 50 meters freestyle event. His first event is scheduled to take place on Thursday, August 11 at 12:02 PM EST. 
Sierra Leone's Track and Field Stars - Hafsatu Kamara and Ishmail Kamara
In the track and field games, Hafsatu Kamara will be participating in the women's 100 meters event on Friday, August 12th. Ishmail Kamara will be participating in the men's 100 meters event on Saturday, August 13th.
Hafsatu Kamara
All the best to our athletes and their support team in Rio de Janeiro. You are in my prayers. You have made me and Sierra Leone proud. May you wear the country's name with pride and purpose while at the Olympics. LET'S GO, TEAM SIERRA LEONE!
click photo to enlarge
click photo to enlarge
click photo to enlarge
And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you heed the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them. Deuteronomy 28:13


God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Miss Sierra Leone USA,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.


Credits

1 comment: