Saturday, July 2, 2016

Tomorrow I Arrive at Miss World America 2016

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ!

I pray you and yours are doing well. I am doing awesome, thanks be to God! As you may know from a previous blog post, I was on a social media break. Yesterday, I returned back to social media at God's perfect time. I made the announcement about my upcoming participation in the Miss World America 2016 pageant next week, and I have received a lot of love and support. I am so grateful for all of it. As I write this post on my red laptop, staring at my packed bags and suitcases in the living room, I am in awe of all God has been doing throughout my journey to the Miss World America stage. My Father in Heaven continuously shows how amazing He is and holds true to one of my favorite scriptures, 1 Thessalonians 5:24, which is The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it. God has favored me with the help of my family, friends, mentors, and church family throughout this process and I am so thankful to my Dad who sits at His Throne.
Miss World America 2016 National Finalist - Ruby B. Johnson
That peace that Christ left us before leaving this earth I can attest that I have it, and that peace is what I will have throughout pageant week. My confidence is not in my abilities, strengths, education, wardrobe, etc. but in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Yes, I want to be Miss World America 2016 and one step closer to my dream of being Miss World. However, I know that my life is not my own. My continual prayer is "let not my will be done, but let your will be done, Lord." Therefore, whatever happens at the end of the finals next Friday, I know it it is God's will for my life. God put this vision of Miss World in my heart a while back and I know that He has a purpose for me in all of this. My Beauty with a Purpose project, advocating on the importance of mentoring our youth as well as sharing love and excellence is not just for the pageant but a lifelong platform, which started before I became a MWA national finalist. One thing is for sure: I will stay true to my identity in Christ Jesus and be His ambassador throughout the week. I am thankful to God for all He has done and will do. I know He has restored me for His glory.
Miss World America 2016 National Finalist - Ruby B. Johnson
Save The Date Photography
Due to the busy schedule that MWA national finalists will have throughout pageant week (July 3-9), I won't be able to blog. However, you can keep up with me via social media. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter (@Ruby_B_Johnson), and Instagram (@Ruby_B_Johnson). Please vote for me for People's Choice and Most Photogenic here and share my BWAP video below. Last, please keep me in your prayers throughout pageant week THANK YOU!
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY WEEKEND!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMERICA!


One last thing: I wanted to share an excerpt from one of the plans on the Bible app I was reading a few days ago; the subject for this plan is The Biblical Meaning of Success. Biblical success is faithfully using all gifts, talents, and opportunities God has given us for the furtherance of His Kingdom here on earth. This work should bring us both joy and peace of mind knowing we have done our best, through the power of Christ working through us, to accomplish what He has called us to do in order to make a difference in our world. As Paul tells us in Ephesians 2:10, For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. We are given different gifts. We can't be anything we want to be, but we can be everything God uniquely created us to be. Consider spending some time in prayer and with trusted friends or family members to consider what unique gifts the Lord is calling you to use for Him.

God bless you.
Jesus loves you.



Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.

2 comments:

  1. You are truly beautiful with a purpose! All the best on your way to being crowned Miss World America and Miss World! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete