Monday, July 18, 2016

Miss World America 2016 - Phases of Competition

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ!

I pray you and yours are doing well. I am doing well, thanks to my Father in Heaven. It's been a week and some days past now since the Miss World America 2016 pageant concluded. It was not part of God's plan for my life to win that crown and title but I give Him all the glory for my time at the pageant. The pageant was a week-long, consisting of various challenge events and activities for the national finalists. The pageant mirrors the international Miss World pageant with its various challenge events. National finalists were scored on their performances in: multimedia, beauty with a purpose video and speech, sports and fitness, beachwear fashion show, interview with the judges, top model competition, and evening gown. I placed in the top 5 in two scored events (Beauty with a Purpose and Sports/Fitness) and one non-scored event (Dances of the Nation). 

MONDAY
Top 5 in Dances of the Nation
TUESDAY
Top 5 in Beauty with a Purpose
To have been ranked in the top 5 in Beauty with a Purpose meant so much to me because I am very passionate about my personal platform, which is "Mentor Leadership: Importance of Mentoring Our Youth." As a youth ministry leader and mentor to young girls, I thank God that the judges could see my heart and the need of sowing into young lives. This passion was ignited before this pageant and I know God will give me wisdom and strength to continue living out my purpose through it.
Top 5 in Sports and Fitness
To have placed in the top 5 for Sports/Fitness was rewarding because I have been diligent in living a healthy lifestyle. All the hiking, running, and spartan race workout paid off!

WEDNESDAY
Sunset Beachwear Fashion Show
Sunset Beachwear Fashion Show

THURSDAY
Interview with the Judges
Mac Duggal Top Model Runway Competition
Mac Duggal Top Model Runway Competition
Wearing Ieena Duggal design
Mac Duggal Top Model Runway Competition
Wearing Ieena Duggal design

FRIDAY
Royal Purple
Evening gown competition
You can see more photos and videos from my week on my Facebook and Instagram pages.

God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment