Monday, July 18, 2016

Miss World America 2016 - Personal Reflection

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ!

I pray you and yours are doing well. I am doing awesome, thanks be to God. It has been a week and some days past now since the Miss World America pageant concluded. It was not part of God's plan for my life to win that crown and title but I give Him all the glory for my time at the pageant. I am honored to have been selected as a Miss World America 2016 Top 5 finalist in Dances of the Nation, Beauty with a Purpose, and Sports and Fitness. All the glory goes to my Father in Heaven. He has been faithful and I thank Him for the peace He gave me throughout my time at MWA and after.  Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Philippians 3:12.
AMERICAN WOMAN
I am so thankful for my parents, family, and church family for their prayers and support throughout this journey, and also those who made that long drive to come support me on finals night! I don't like to cry but seeing all of them at the end of the event in a big circle with eyes full of love and pride for me, that made the water works happen. I am thankful for my amazing pageant mentor, she is the best! I am thankful for all the folks who reached out to me through messages and phone calls. I am thankful for those on social media who shared my posts and photos in support of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead. Philippians 3:13.
It was a pleasure getting to know amazing women from all over the country who are doing great things in their community and they all happen to be part of the MWA class of 2016. I was blessed with an awesome roommate for the week; I had so much fun with an amazing lady and fellow MWA national finalist, Natalie (seen in photo below). You can see more photos and videos from my week on my Facebook and Instagram pages. Thank you to the MWA 2016 production team and sponsors, and congratulations to the newly crowned MWA. I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14.
Mr. World America 2016  Alexander Ouellet
Miss World America 2015 Victoria Mendoza
My Beauty with a Purpose initiative is not just a pageant platform but a lifelong platform; so this is just the beginning. The best part of this week was getting to pray with and for my MWA sisters and folks I cross paths with - sharing God's love made me know that I was there for a purpose and for His glory. Yes, I wanted to be Miss World America 2016, but God has a different title for me. For I am the daughter of the one true King, I know my future is in good hands. For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11.
God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment