Monday, April 24, 2017

Going Down Memory Reign: Being Miss Sierra Leone USA (Part I)

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ!

I pray you and yours are doing well. I am doing well, thanks be to God! In honor of Sierra Leone's 56th Independence Day Anniversary on April 27th, I plan to share some moments of my reign as Miss Sierra Leone USA this week. On July 1, 2012, I competed in my first pageant and was blessed to have won, representing my city of birth and Sierra Leone's capital city, Freetown. My personal platform was advocating for SHERO - service, health, education, rights, and opportunities. As my reign progressed, I included advocating for the recruitment and retention of girls/women in STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) into my platform; since it was a personal reflection of who I was then as a girl in a STEM-related major in college. As a mining engineer now, I have continued to advocate for that platform and I'm grateful for the MSLUSA title to have given me the stage to launch a life-long platform. Below are some highlights from the pageant and my crowning moment as Miss Sierra Leone USA. 
Opening Number: Parade of Flag
Platform Presentation/Afrikana Wear
Talent: belly dancing
Personal Style: High Fashion
On-Stage Question
Top 5 Announcement
Top 3 Announcement
Miss Sierra Leone USA 2012 Top 3 Finalists

Winner Announcement
Thanking God!
Tears of Joy
Comforted by Mama
Support and Biggest Fans: My family and friends
During my reign as Miss Sierra Leone USA, I was an active blogger and detailed a lot of my activities and endeavors. Check out my blog. May God bless the Republic of Sierra Leone. Mama Salone, you are always in my prayers.
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, SIERRA LEONE!

And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” Esther 4:14b


God bless you.
Jesus loves you.



Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment