Saturday, April 29, 2017

God's Creation - Bryce Canyon National Park

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ!

I pray you and yours are doing well. I am doing awesome, thanks be to God. This past week I was inspecting some aggregate pits in southwest Utah for slope stability and to create management plans for them. This was my first time on that side of the "Life Elevated" state. After work, I visited Bryce Canyon National Park. I was truly amazed by the beauty and formation of the hoodoos. I took lots of photos on my phone of the beauty I saw. Below are some of these photos.
Hoodoos are tall skinny spires of rock that protrude from the bottom of arid basins and "broken" lands. Formed in sedimentary rock, hoodoo shapes are affected by the erosional patterns of alternating hard and softer rock layers. The name given to the rock layer that forms hoodoos at Bryce Canyon is the Claron Formation. This layer has several rock types including siltstones and mudstones but is predominantly limestone. Thirty to 40 million years ago this rock was "born" in an ancient lake that covered much of Western Utah. Minerals deposited within different rock types cause hoodoos to have different colors throughout their height.
Last week truly showed me how beautiful southern Utah is and God's creativity in creating all that red rock country.
And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good... 
Genesis 1:31


God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment