Friday, September 15, 2017

Summer 2017 - Vacation In Jamaica

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ!

I pray you and yours are doing well. I have been out and about, hence the reason I have been doing a poor job at posting blogs frequently. I am thankful for God's favor and love in these past couple months. In July, I went on a vacation with my mom to Jamaica, my first time going to that beautiful island. We went to Montego Bay, and had a great time - making new friends, enjoying the Jamaican food, culture, and dancing to their music, as well as spending a lot of time in the water and doing some water activities. As I've always said in previous posts about my vacations, I'm a lady that loves to ball on a budget - I found and bought a great deal on Groupon for an all-inclusive resort for this Jamaican trip, which included the flight and lodging. So don't think you have to break bank to have a good time, folks. Below are some photo highlights of my vacation.
Sunsets in Montego Bay, Jamaica
With all the water activities I did on this trip, I'm thinking of adding "sailed and kayaked the Caribbean" to my resume. I had a blast on the small catamaran, kayaking, and paddle board.
So on my first night in Jamaica, there was a show put on for guests staying at the resort. The entertainers invited 5 people to come on stage and do a Bob Marley impersonation, yours truly won the contest and I got a shirt as my prize. During my impersonation I was going for the "whip your hair" effect and put my hair down under the Rasta cap they gave me while wearing a Marley robe, however the African dancer in me started doing other things which made the host say "I didn't know Bob Marley did dutty wine!" Since that night, everyone at the resort called me "Miss Bob Marley" or "little Bob Marley" throughout the week. I was totally fine with that!


So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 
1 John 4:16

God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment