Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Sisterhood is a Blessing

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ!

I pray you and yours are doing well. I am doing well, thanks be to God! Yesterday, I had dinner with one of my high school friends; we ate at one of my favorite restaurants, Nando's Peri-Peri. Funnily while we had dinner, we reminisced on when we met, the first day of 9th grade during lunchtime and shared a table together. She was actually the first friend I made in high school; the only friend I had prior to our first day of high school didn't have the same lunch as me, so meeting her was a blessing. It is so wonderful to still have close-knit relationships with friends that I've known for over 10 years, and I've been blessed to have 3 girlfriends whom we have remained close since 9th grade. In these years: we have lived and worked in different states; attended different colleges; watched each other mature into young women; we've laughed together; cried together; prayed and worshiped together; sang together; danced together; gotten into trouble together; cooked, eaten, and drank wine together; celebrated each other's successes; cheered for each other; encouraged each other; been there for each other in singleness, dating, and motherhood; and even had those moments of disagreements. One thing remains true: we will always love and support each other, because we are in this sisterhood forever. 
I look forward to decades of years with us sharing experiences in marriage, motherhood, ministry, and career. But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely,if even death separates you and me.” Ruth 1:16-17.
The sign above is one I like to read whenever I dine at Nando's, it is posted opposite the men and women's bathrooms. I think it's cute! LOVE! But as it says in 1 John 4:7-8, Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment