Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day 2016

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ!

I pray you and yours are doing well. I have been blessed, to God be the glory. Today commemorates Memorial Day. On this Memorial Day, I was blessed to spend time with my church family; one of my fellow leaders in the LIPS mentoring program I am part of had a cookout at her home. It was wonderful to fellowship with familiar faces, as well as meet new people. The food was delicious and I had a great time. I praise God for this sister's life and for her hospitable heart. Being the patriotic American woman that I am, I wore my U.S. flag shoes! On this Day, I am very grateful for all those brave women and men who have laid their lives for our country. I am proud to be an American. I pray that the Lord continues to cover those who are active duty, reserve, wounded warriors, and veterans, as well as their families at home and abroad. As a current USO volunteer, I pray that the little service I can give will be a blessing to them and their families, to show how much they are appreciated for their sacrifices. Few days ago, I was talking with someone about my love for service and volunteering, and he stated that he's not a fan of it because one doesn't get paid. My response to him was that the reason I do this is because as Christians, we are created to be Christ-like; Jesus came to this earth to serve. As the Lord strengthens me and the Spirit leads me in which ever way I can serve, I am ready. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15:12-13.
I LOVE AMERICA
Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering the people who died while serving in the country's armed forces. The holiday, which is observed every year on the last Monday of May, originated as Decoration Day after the American Civil War in 1868, when the Grand Army of the Republic, an organization of Union veterans founded in Decatur, Illinois, established it as a time for the nation to decorate the graves of the Union war dead with flowers. By the 20th century, competing Union and Confederate holiday traditions, celebrated on different days, had merged, and Memorial Day eventually extended to honor all Americans who died while in the military service. It typically marks the start of the summer vacation season, while Labor Day marks its end. Many people visit cemeteries and memorials, particularly to honor those who have died in military service. Many volunteers place an American flag on each grave in national cemeteries. This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. 1 John 3:16.
AMERICAN GIRLS
God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment