Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend 2016

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ!

I pray you and yours are doing well. I'm doing wonderful, thanks to my Father in Heaven! This Memorial Day Weekend has been nothing short of wonderful, and most likely the most action-packed one I've had in a long time. On Friday and Saturday, I volunteered for the two-day Outspoken 2016 event hosted at my church. On Sunday, I visited a friend of mine's church for their International Day Celebration and Fundraiser; she became one of my mentors when I was in high school and I'm thankful for how our relationship has blossomed into a sisterhood as I've gotten older. A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity. Proverbs 17:17.
I rarely wear black, but volunteers were instructed to wear black for the event, hence the dark-colored outfits; this weekend was ridiculously hot (85+ degrees), so it was only God that kept me going while wearing all this black. At Friday's Outspoken event, there were several musical performances by talented women and men of God who are using their gifts for God's glory. Performers included: Jonathan McReynolds, Brianna Barbineaux, Tanya Dallas-Lewis, and a word from Joseph Solomon. The enemy did his best to hinder the success of this event by the AC unit having difficulties in the sanctuary where the concert was to be hosted, but God intervened with new ideas and He was glorified on both nights, putting the devil to shame. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10.
Jonathan McReynolds
Brianna Barbineaux
On night two, there were several spoken-word/hip hop performances by an equally talented group of folks on fire for Christ! Performers included: Canden Webb, Echelon Knoxx, Timeless Bradd, Leah James, Lo Alaman, and Joseph Solomon. Both nights concluded with Bethel World Outreach Church's own Pastor Varney Taylor, who's also our youth ministry's director, whom I am blessed to be serving with in that ministry. Being surrounded by so many people who love the Lord, especially young adults like myself was truly a blessing. I praise God that there are so many young folks fervently seeking Christ and living for His glory. For this reason, I pray that the Lord continues to cover them, because they are definitely targets for the enemy and his wicked ways. So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31.
Joseph Solomon
Timeless Bradd
Echelon Knoxx
Canden Webb
On Sunday, I visited my friend's church for their International Day Celebration. I wore one of the traditional outfits of Sierra Leone, commonly worn by members of the Krio ethnic group. This outfit is very special to me because it was sewn 4 years ago by my paternal grandmother in Sierra Leone, for the purpose of my traditional outfit at the Miss Sierra Leone USA 2012 pageant, in which I represented my city of birth (Freetown); it was made with love and I believe it brought me blessings on that night and I won my first pageant! It was wonderful to get to fellowship with mighty women and men of God at my friend's church, whereby I got to see familiar faces as well as meet new folks. One of the best part of the day was reuniting with a lady whom I used to know when I was in Sierra Leone, we were part of the children's ministry at my grandmother's church. The folks I got to know after service and at the cookout later in the evening really poured into me and encouraged my spirit; it was a blessed day! As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17.

AFRICAN UNION: Kenya-Sierra Leone
Sweet baby girl
Little Miss Sierra Leone in green, white, blue
African women who love and live for the Lord
Pastor Christin L-Gobio
God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment