Wednesday, November 16, 2016

ELECTIONS - Why Evangelicals Voted for Trump

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ!

I pray you and yours are doing well. I am doing well, to God be the glory. I stumbled upon a Wall Street Journal article titled Evangelicals Back Donald Trump in Record Numbers, Despite Earlier Doubts.  The article states that “It isn’t that folks liked him more than previous candidates...They were mobilized by what’s at stake & the clear contrast w/ Hillary on life.” If someone has a relationship with God and reads the Word, an evangelical or born-again Christian voting for Trump should not be a shock. We must be reminded of the leader Saul who murdered Christians, who would become Apostle Paul and went on to write 2/3 of the New Testament. 
Sometimes God chooses the unqualified for the job. So many examples of this in the Word. Sometimes I sit in awe of how God sent His only Son Jesus to die for my sins but I have lived most of my life in sin yet I was redeemed and given grace when I received salvation. God uses the unqualified and unfit so He can be glorified. Evangelicals who know the Word are aware of this. Additionally, let us be reminded that there is only one perfect man and that's King Jesus, so we must constantly pray for our leaders just as we pray for our loved ones. Heck, there will be times my future husband will do things that upset me or make silly mistakes but I will still go on my face everyday and pray for that man. As Apostle Paul says I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior…”1 Timothy 2:1-3.
God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent article! God's grace and mercy sees the future when we only see the present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete