Sunday, November 13, 2016

Election Day 2016

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ!

I pray you and yours are doing well. I have been busy, hence the reason I haven't blogged in a month. However, I thank God for all He's been doing in my life and give Him all the glory. As we all know, this past week was Election Day. I'm a firm believer in doing my civic duty and exercising my right to vote; and if the results don't sway my way, I have no reason for regret and have any "if only I would have" moments. This was my first time voting on Election Day, usually I would do absentee or early voting in Maryland; hence the reason I was determined to register on time in Nevada since it's home now. On Election Day, I rocked my "GUNS COAL FREEDOM" and my U.S. flag scarf. Being a mining engineer who loves America, I saw it fit to dress festive. 
Prior to voting, my prayer was that when the results are revealed, our nation would return back to love and respecting each other. My prayer was that our nation is unified and that God blesses our current and future leaders with wisdom. I was aware that regardless of who won the presidential elections or local council offices, Jesus will always be my King and that gave me peace and joy to look forward to my future and my children's future. As Christ says in John 16:33, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” Voting on a candidate and the status of our country after the elections was something I was very prayerful about and after voting, I was at peace with my picks. In upcoming posts, I will share my thoughts on some things regarding this Election season. They are in response to recent articles as well as social commentaries, so stay tuned.
America's Present and Future
Congratulations to our new President-Elect and Vice-President Elect, Donald Trump and Mike Pence, respectively. May God give them and the entire cabinet wisdom and guidance. I pray that love and unity will be restored in our nation among all, regardless of political affiliations, race, class, sex, or whatever differences we have. May this time in our country be a season that we draw closer to God and seek salvation in the midst of the chaos created by the enemy. As our Lord and Savior says in John 10:10, The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. Let us all keep our country in our personal prayers and spread love as Christ did. We will be united as Americans and move forward. PEACE. LOVE. AMERICA.


God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment