Friday, June 23, 2017

Zoom Out: The Entire Picture

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ.

I pray you and yours are doing well. This has been a busy workweek for me, but my Father in Heaven has been oh so gracious to me. As some of you know, I recently went on a vacation to Miami which I shared on a post few weeks ago as well as on Facebook. I shared the exciting experience I had at the Everglades National Park and getting to watch a gator show and even having to hold and get one of the young ones in the park, with the mouth restrained of course.
The photo above is one that a lot of folks took a lot of interest in and were truly fascinated by. Not fascinated by me carrying a gator or the little gator I am holding but the one behind me. Some folks were amused by the photobomb from it, some made comments warning me of the one behind me, and some even questioned if it was a real alligator and if I was aware of the alligator behind me when taking this photo. Being that this is a photo of me and I was situationally-aware when it was taken, I got a lot of laughs from reading the comments as well as talking with friends and family regarding the alligator behind me. The real alligator in the photo was in plain sight of me and its mouth was restrained, so I had nothing to be afraid of.
Since so many folks called my attention to the gator behind me, I took a closer look at the photo and something dawned on me. I saw this photo as a representation of man's relationship with God. As Christians, we have a limited vision of our lives, whereby God sees the bigger picture. We have a zoomed in image of what has happened and is happening in our life whereby God knows what has happened, what is happening, and what will happen. King David perfectly describes the omniscience of God in Psalm 139:1-6, O Lord, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it. I recall hearing a sermon a while back whereby someone described the omniscience of God with respect to a parent and a young child. For instance, if a child is playing outside and their toy happens to get out of the safe boundaries for the child, the child immediately wants to run and retrieve their toy from the street. However, the parent intervenes and tells the child not to run to the street but rather notify the adult/guardian to get the toy. The parent/guardian gives that instruction because they will be more attentive to an incoming car or other potential hazards that may be on the street, whereby the child is more focused on retrieving their toy and not attentive to everything going on around them.
As Christians, it is so important that we walk in obedience. Although sometimes God doesn't call us to comfort, He leads us with wisdom and grace. His ways sometimes don't make sense in our human brains but we must continually remind ourselves that He knows best and He is omniscient. This all-knowing God we serve continuously reminds us that He is with us and will not forsake us. As I type out this post, I know this is an area God is working on me on and it is why I'm inclined to encourage your spirit in wherever you are in your walk with Christ and what choices and situations you're dealing with in this current season of your life. I still struggle with this but so grateful for His sufficient grace. I pray you are encouraged by God's Word for you today: fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand (Isaiah 41:10). Be reminded that your Father in Heaven sees the entire picture. His vision is greater than yours. As it says in Ephesians 6, we are going against spiritual forces of evil in high places and God is fighting for us and doing things we cannot see with our plain eyes. We must ask God what His will for our life is and let not our will but His will be done. His instructions are perfect and His leadership is best, and reminds us of this important truth in Isaiah 55:8-9, For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment