Friday, June 23, 2017

The Gospel: What It Means To Me

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ!

I pray you and yours are doing well. I am doing awesome, thanks be to God. I recently started serving at the Church I have been attending since the beginning of this year - children's and youth ministries, as well as worship. As some of you may know from my posts later last year, I was very prayerful about being planted in a God-fearing, Jesus-loving, Holy Spirit-filled, and Bible-teaching church, as well as get to serve in ministry that God calls me to. Like many other Churches, one is encouraged to serve in ministry when you are part of the body of Christ. As an ambassador for Jesus Christ, I know the relevance of serving and my spirit highly desires this form of worship to God by being a vessel in His kingdom. In addition to receiving salvation, baptism by immesion, and attending a new membership meeting, Christians are encouraged to fill out application forms for some of the ministries at my new church (Living Stones Church - Elko). A common question in both vetting processes was: what does the gospel mean to you?
Well...To me, the Gospel is the representation of God’s love for us. The good news of Jesus is that even though I was dead in sin, He still saw value in me and thought I was worth dying for – so He did. The good news is that even though most of my life I have not acknowledged the works of God in my life, He still gave me grace and welcomed me back into His Kingdom. The good news is that I serve a sovereign God whose Son came to give me life in abundance, and I have the Holy Spirit living inside of me that guides and leads me in wisdom. The good news is that even though I fall and still struggle in my walk, God’s mercies are new every morning. The good news of Jesus is that what He has already done for me is much greater than what anyone has ever done to me or will do to me. The good news is that I don’t need to try to be perfect because He who started this good work in me will bring it to completion and He has great plans for me. The good news is that God’s ways are greater. This good news gives me peace and joy, and I am His beloved. Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God (Hebrews 12:1-2).

God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment