Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Summer 2017 - Vacation in Miami

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ!

I hope you and yours are doing well. I have been busy with work but thankful to God for His favor and love. Being that the past weeks have been crazy busy with lots of traveling for work and training, I was so ready to have gone on a quick vacation. Towards the end of last year, I discussed with one of my friends I met in college for us to do a girls' trip. As you know, I enjoy taking solo vacations but I adore this friend of mine and wanted to spend some time with her since I hadn't seen her in a couple years. Also, Miami has been one of my favorite cities to visit because I love the beach, the food, and lots of exciting things to do. Being that both of us are federal employees, we planned the trip around a federal holiday weekend. My last vacation on President's Day was to Vegas, so this one was planned around Memorial Day. 
Beach life!

CUBAN FOOD!
As much as I had a blast being back in Miami, the down side was the multitude of people that were in the city for the holiday weekend. There was so much human traffic and being that I stayed on South Beach, the main hub for tourists, the roads were packed with so many folks. Additionally, several roads on South Beach were blocked and controlled by the police, which created a lot of traffic in the streets and was tough to get Uber and lyft drivers to pick up on that side of town.
Excited for brunch

Right before JetBoat ride on several islands
 As I always say, I "ball on a budget." Taking vacations shouldn't have me breaking bank so I do have fun but also spend wisely. As a single, young professional woman who's got bills and loans to pay off but also wants to live a restful life, it's important to be financially-responsible. Just like my last vacation, I found a lot of things to do and place to eat on Groupon. In my previous trips to Miami, I have stayed in hotels but this time around I did something different and stayed at a hostel which turned out to be a good experience. The setup reminded me of my first couple years in college living in the residence hall and sleeping on bunk beds. I stayed an all-girls room with some ladies from Sweden, Australia, Germany, etc. It was cool to see young professional women taking time off from work and exploring the world and getting well-needed rest. Like I always say, all work and no play makes Ruby a dull mining engineer.
Sunset Cruise

Boat tour at Everglades National Park

Shut up and kiss me, gator bae!

Chicken masala with asparagus and fried sweet potatoes
Overall, I had a great time on this 5-day trip in Miami. It was full of laying on the beach, soaking up the sun and getting wet in the water, eating good food, spending time with my friend, meeting new folks across the U.S. and from places in the world, and many more! Bonus: I got some Miami glow and got this melanin more on fleek! I am thankful to God for provision and for His protection. Returning to work today was tough after coming from such rest but I am content with the short time spent in Miami and ready to be back in my little ol' town of Elko. Also, I need to return to work so I can afford my next vacation! Haha!
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
John 10:10


God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment