Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sierra Leonean Elegance - African Excellence

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ!

I pray you and yours are doing well. I am doing fantastic, thanks to the Almighty. This past August, I had the honor of serving as a bridesmaid at the wedding of a great man whom I consider as a father along with a very amazing woman who happens to be his bride. This was my first time serving as a bridesmaid. The weekend was full of wedding festivities and I had a lot of fun. It may sound biased because the couple has a special place in my heart and I was part of the bridal party BUT this wedding was truly the wedding of the year and one of the best I've ever attended. Beautiful couple, wonderful ceremonies, great crowd, delicious food, and elegant outfits - everything was great! It was a great weekend to celebrate love, Sierra Leonean elegance, and African excellence. I was proud to be a Sierra Leonean woman. Friday was the wedding ceremony and reception, Saturday was the wedding picnic, and the bridal party attended Church together on Sunday. On the wedding day, the bridal party had 3 outfit changes: one for the Church ceremony and 2 during the reception (African wear from Senegal and cocktail dress); all outfits were custom-made. Below are some photo highlights from the wedding weekend. Fun fact: I caught the bride's bouquet at the reception. He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord. Proverbs 18:22.
1st outfit
The Bridesmaids
Flower Girls
Little Groom
Sleeping Beauty - Flower Girl during car ride
2nd outfit
Caught the bride's bouquet!
3rd outfit
Wedding picnic
OUR BEAUTIFUL BRIDE!
THE GROOM!
God bless you.
Jesus loves you.


Restored woman living for God's Glory,
Ruby B. Johnson.


Have you given your heart to God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior? If you die today, will you make it to Heaven? If no or you are unsure, do not waste any more time and receive salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment